Even with smaller needles, this is still a relatively quick and easy knit. I finished the front and back sections last night, and did the Kitchener stitch seam. I already picked up the stitches around the neckline for the hood, and am a couple of cable repeats into it.
For this smaller size I only did nine cabled repeats on the back. When I do a second one in this size I will try it with ten repeats and see how it looks. But for now this gives a good fit on a wide range of dolls, at least sans the hood. I did a quick test fit on my 16" Tonner Sydney doll out of curiosity, and it was a good fit. I think if I had ten repeats, that extra half inch or so would make it too slouchy, but we will see on the next one.
I am pretty sure this one will be completed this evening! I have several dolls I can try this size on, so it will give a much better idea of scale and fit. :)