I have completed a human sized version, then a 1/3 doll version, and immediately progressed to attempting a 1/4 doll version. So far, so good!
I am using size 2 US needles, and the same yarn I used for the 1/3 version, just held single strand this time. After already doing the pattern twice, it is even easier to follow, and going even quicker despite the size reduction.
I have completed the front section already, and now the back and hood remain. Those have minor cabling compared to the front, so I fully expect to be able to finish this version in the next day or so.
And then, the next attempt will be even smaller, hopefully for 12" fashion dolls. :D