Pattern by Gingermelon.
I've been trying a new hair technique/style on the Pocket Poppets, and have been enjoying the results. It takes me a lot longer to do, but the color variation, and the firm hold to the point I can run a comb through the doll's hair, is totally worth it. I hope folks will agree when I start listing these in the Etsy store. :)
Here is a preview of things to come:
When I sew past my normal bedtime, fueled by a strong cup of espresso I knew I shouldn't have drank so late in the evening, this is what I come up with:
The Common Two Horned NOPE.
I anticipate the discovery of more of these NOPES in the near future, and a new category in my Etsy store. :D
For those who may not be able to read my sloppy handwriting, here is the text from the photo:
The Common Two Horned NOPE!
Frequently found in Monday mornings (especially after a long weekend), rain on a camping trip, decaffeinated coffee in a caffeine-addict's mug, and in your first instinctive response to being asked to help someone's cousin move across town.
This one was collected after an unually warm evening without air conditioning.
It is currently in stasis, pending the next set of annoying or unreasonable circumstances.
Time has flown by, but I at least finally got some pics taken of the stash of Pocket Poppet dolls I've had ready for a while now.
I also made up two dolls from the last pattern I purchased with the button leg joints, the one I can't actually sell. I did one stuffed with polyester fiberfil, and the other stuffed with pure wool. I'll get photos of both done hopefully by the end of this upcoming weekend, and do a comparison of working with polyster versus wool stuffing.
But for now, here are three new Pocket Poppet dolls, ready for purchase in my Etsy store. :)