I am still working on the twelve inch fashion doll sized Woodland Hoodlet. I had a bit of frustration after I got done with the front.
I really chose the wrong yarn for my provisional cast on. For this size, especially holding laceweight yarn double, I should have immediately transferred the stitches to another needle, ready and waiting for the Kitchener stitch seam.
I used a light colored yarn, which was not very firm. It was smooth, but it still stuck to my stitches. Plus, there was not enough color contrast between the waste yarn and the working yarn.
Fortunately I was able to get the stitches off the waste yarn, and after the seam was completed it still looks good. There was a bit of colorful language as I fought to see each of the 44 stitches against the white waste yarn, but my cat was the only witness.
So lesson learned. High contrast in color, and stick to cotton for my waste yarn. And I will also seriously try different provisional cast ons. Just one method clearly doesn't cut it.
Now I just need to find my set of size 0 US DPNs and I can get the hood started!